“It comes down to personal choice.”
Why Finding My Psych Promotes a Plant-Based Lifestyle
In today’s episode we discuss the rationale for why the Finding My Psych brand promotes a plant-based lifestyle. It is important to emphasize that plant-based living is a personal choice that is not easy to make.
In particular, we support plant-based living from a Health Psychology and Behavioural Medicine perspective first and foremost. We follow the outcomes from controlled studies conducted by Dr. Dean Ornish, a cardiologist who has shown the impact of a plant-based diet on the reversal of Atherosclerosis.
Second, we believe that living a plant-based lifestyle decreases suffering around the planet. There is do doubt that the awareness of suffering caused by animal agriculture has an impact on the choices we make, and therefore, who we are as people.
Moralism In The Vegan Community
We also discuss the observation that vegans are often at fault for taking the moral high ground with others. This is a turn off for individuals interested in exploring vegan living. In particular, two of our favourite vegan youtube personalities, Happy Health Vegan, and Rich Roll, at times have fallen into the trap of acting as a moral authority instead of promoting the biopsychosoical and spiritual benefits of healthy living.
In the end, plant-based living is about personal choice. People need to be supported in this choice from a compassionate approach no matter how much of the lifestyle they choose to adopt.
Upcoming Podcast Series on Running
We really appreciate you being a part of our podcast community. We are excited to announce a series of upcoming episodes about running and the powerful health effects dedicated runners experience. If you are interested in knowing why anyone would take up running at all, or want to learn how to initiate your journey as a runner, stay tuned!
- Thank You New Subscribers
- How to subscribe and benefits
- Now Find The Finding My Psych Podcast On:
- Why FMP Promotes a Plant-Based Lifestyle
- Dr. Dean Ornish and Heart Reversal Diet
- Peaceful Approach To Existence
- What Is Difficult about Vegan Living
- There are foods I miss
- Social awkwardness
- Other Vegans
- Word of Caution to The Vegan Community
- There is nothing unifying about being a vegan.
- During pandemic crisis, some vegan YouTubers have taken to moralism and misinformation.
- Happy Healthy Vegan (I love them in the end!)
- Rich Roll on #BLM
- Moralizing turns new plant-based individuals away.
- Why moralizing gets under my skin.
- Moral relativism – Is it so bad?
- Vegan living is not about anyone’s “journey” – It’s a personal choice.
- Why I’m a Plant-Based Advocate
- Personal Growth