Running For Fitness: 5k Build-Up
The Finding My Psych team can testify – Running changes lives! It can change yours too! Take your fitness journey to the next level through our Running For Fitness: 5k Build-up program, designed to get you from zero to 5k in as little as twelve weeks. Engage with like-minded runners wanting to improve wellness through increased cardiovascular endurance. Sessions are held weekly in cohorts using an online group format through Zoom.
We want to make our content as accessible as possible to as many individuals that want to participate. We deliver our connect using the following format:
- Workshops are provided in the form of cohorts with up to ten participants.
- Each cohort has a specific start and end date. If you are registered for a four week program, you will join us weekly via Zoom until the end of the course four weeks later.
- Each session provides targeted educational content followed by discussion.
- Between each session, we encourage members to participate in our community forum dedicated to Running For Fitness participants from previous and current cohorts.
We look forward to having you in our next Running For Fitness cohort. We are excited to learn more about you and your wellness journey. Before we move forward, there are a few prerequisite that need to be satisfied prior to confirming your registration:
- You have contacted your primary care provider to let them know about your participation.
- You have registered for the Finding My Psych Community Forum.
- You have read our Terms and Conditions of Service.
- You have read our Community Comment Policy.
- You have read our disclaimer. (Below)
Please carefully read the following disclaimer prior to registering for any of our services at Finding My Psych:
The content on Finding My Psych, and the Finding My Psych Podcast, is meant for educational purposes only. Consumers of our content are free to apply the information for self-help purposes at their own discretion. We do not provide personal counselling or online therapy.
It is important to seek one-to-one advice from your family physician, mental health clinician, and/or counsellor before adopting any of the tools promoted by our authors. Never stop or delay care due to information you find at Finding My Psych. Never start or stop taking any medication without seeking advice from your medical and/or mental health provider.
How To Register
Registration for the Running For Fitness group is easy! Click on an upcoming cohort at the bottom of the page – This will take you to our booking page where you will find upcoming cohorts. Once the cohort is full, we shut down registration for the duration of the program.
If you have any questions, contact our support team by clicking the button below. We can also process your registration on your behalf. A Finding My Psych team member will confirm that you have completed any prerequisites and finalize your registration. We will send you the Zoom link associated with your cohort before the event.
Please note, if the cohort is full, you will be placed on a cancellation list and offered a future opportunity.