We provide a series of well curated resources focusing on treatment and support for those misusing substances or struggling with addiction. This includes resources from both the abstinence community, and approaches promoting controlled use, one element of a harm-reduction approach to care. If you believe we are missing a particular resource, please connect with our support team at Finding My Psych.
Online SMART Recovery Meetings
SMART Recovery (Self-Managed and Recovery Training), support individuals who abstain or are trying to abstain from all types of addictive behaviours. The SMART model does not adhere to the AA/NA approach to abstinence.
SMART Recovery attempts the following:
- Promotes self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Encourages individuals to recover and live happy lives.
- Provides tools for self-directed change.
- Utilizes education and open discussion to promote change.
- Does not oppose prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
- Evolves with scientific knowledge and consensus.
You can access the SMART Recovery Online Community year round, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. You must register to access the forum, online chat, and online meetings provided at smartrecovery.org.
Online NA Meetings
Following is a list of recommended Narcotics Anonymous meetings occurring online. We put together a list of online resources from around the world: