“Advice for new runners…Do run…Don’t stop!”
New Runners – We Got Your Back!
New to running? Or, are you a power walker looking to up your game? We have some opinions about what to focus on that promotes success as you get started and what to avoid to keep you from dropping out. Our goal at Finding My Psych is to provide you everything you need to stay on the road.
It should be noted that there is a ton of advice on YouTube and social media about running technique, injury prevention, and motivation. Some of the advice is great, others not so much! We share our experience and answer the most common questions received by the Finding My Psych team.
Suggestions For New Runners:
- Ask yourself why you want to be a runner.
- Get proper running shoes.
- Seek inspiration, especially as motivation tanks.
- Start slow with walking, then power walking, then walk/runs as you build.
- Track your progress.
- Avoid bad advice from idiot YouTubers (Durianrider).
- Avoid injury – 10% rule.
- Don’t worry about, “junk miles”.
- Don’t worry about your weight.
- Don’t ignore your diet.