“Controlled drinking? Doesn’t that in and of itself mean there is a problem?”
Saying, “Goodbye” to 2022
In some ways, 2022 has been a year of reckoning. This was the year that denial lost her grip. Alcohol was destroying both of us in its own way and chipping away at the foundation of our marriage. Following a significant health scare, as a couple we committed to becoming a sober family.
In today’s episode, we review our experience with alcohol, how it was destroying us, and what it feels like to be more than 100 days alcohol free, emotionally, psychologically, and physically. We look towards 2023 as a year of refinement, committing to focusing on what brings us joy. We also take the time to express gratitude for events and individuals that have helped get us to this critical next phase in our commitment to ourselves and each other.
FMP 078 – Jerod and Johnny, 2022 in Review
- What We Do:
- Behavioural Medicine and Health Psychology
- Providing easily accessible content designed to help you design your own transformative experience.
- It’s New Year’s Eve 2022, taking us into 2023.
- Jerod and Johnny discuss the prior year, what they are looking forward to leaving behind, and express gratitude for events and people that have made 2022 a year of growth.
- How to Listen:
- Can find this episode on podcast apps such as iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, etc.
- Can watch on YouTube later today.
- Check out our year in review from our past New Year’s Eve reflection.
Jerod and Johnny, New Year’s Eve
- What went well in 2022?
- What are you looking forward to leaving behind?
- What is your focus this year? Give three.
- Three things/people you are grateful for (expressing gratitude).