“Gratitude is about people and not events or things.”
Gratitude and Personal Growth
Our success is defined by those who helped get us here. As we develop into better individuals, parents, and professionals, it is critical that we take the time to acknowledge those who have made that development possible. The best expression comes in the form of gratitude for the individuals who cared enough to offer a helping hand, kind word, or advice, ultimately taking us to the next level in our journey and self-discovery.
In today’s episode I provide my own definition and suggestions for how to put it into practice. I also discuss my thoughts on the importance of curating your life as you get older. Finally I take the time to acknowledge individuals that I am grateful for who are impacting my life today.
FMP 076 – Your Journey an Those Who Helped Get Us Here
- What We Do:
- Behavioural Medicine and Health Psychology
- Providing easily accessible content designed to help you design your own transformative experience.
- Inspired by my sister-in-law Tamara Randall.
- I reflect on gratitude and how important it is as part of your process in becoming a better person through self-discovery and healing.
- I discuss how I am focusing on being grateful in my day-to-day moving forward.
- I express gratitude for all the warm thoughts and kind words after we published our most recent episode on addiction in our family.
- Outward expression or reflection on individuals who have played an important role in where you stand today.
- Gratitude provides us a deep understanding of where we have been and the universal nature of the human experience. We all experience pain and we all need help along the way.
- Gratitude – My Experience
- Turning 50 and the flood of gratitude I have started to experience.
- Why we are only here as a result of the supporting of others.
- As we are able to reflect on and give gratitude, we are able to give fully to others from the deepest parts of us.
- The world becomes what it fosters – Foster giving and kindness in others, the same we received from others.
- A world without gratitude is a selfish place.
- Gratitude Practice:
- Gratitude Journal
- Slipping Gratitude Into Conversation
- Acknowledgement In Real Time
- Meeting For Gratitude
- Thank You!
- I wanted to say a very special thank you to all the kind feedback based on last week’s episode on addiction and recovery in our family.
- We are only able to be in this new found space because of the love and support you have provided us over the past couple of months.
- Curate your life – Design how you want your life to look like.
- Gratitude should be the centre piece of your curated life.
- I Am Grateful – Three Individuals:
- Noah Cyrus Song – Noah (Still Standing)
- Tamara Randall for her care and dedication to those around her.
- Johnny, my husband and his sobriety journey.