“It’s okay to feel like there is nothing left to give.”
Recovering from a Fitness Setback
In today’s episode, I reflect on my own physical and emotional fitness setback. The COVID19 experience has whittled away at everyones health. While we find ourselves trying to survive each horrific news cycle describing the race to vaccinate before variants shove us back towards a hopeless scenario of having no vaccine at all, emotionally and physically, we have given up.
I reveal my own physical and emotional setbacks, followed by a plan to reignite my efforts. There is no doubt that following an individually driven fitness plan, a plan that starts first by focusing on physical wellbeing, a light will appear at the end of this very foreboding tunnel. Faith is knowing that our efforts can get us there. The data has proved this in the past.
Welcome to Episode 043: Fitness Plan Reset and Resiliency
- What We Do:
- Behavioural Medicine and Health Psychology
- Providing information that usually requires seeing a therapist.
- A solo episode reviewing my own experience with lost physical and emotional fitness and my intention to create an enhanced fitness plan to get me on track.
- A quick discussion on resiliency and surviving the COID19 era we now live in.
My Story of Depression, Feeling Stuck, and Behavioural Activation
- My Current Fitness Level
- Review of my current physical and emotional challenges.
- How did I get so off track?
- Using a Recovery Lense
- Decide on my first step.
- Prepare with a clear map forward.
- How I will measure the outcome of my actions in my fitness plan.
- What is Resiliency?
- How to foster a resilient mindset in the midst of a pandemic.
- Remembering that, “It is all Chaos, Be Kind.”
- There is power in propping up others when they need it most – this fosters a resilient attitude.