“Best advice? Just do it!”
Behavioural Activation in Action
In today’s episode, I bring us back to basics in a review of how behaviour impacts wellness. I share my personal experience several years ago when I went through a depressive episode – I realize now that activating adaptive behaviour would have helped in treating difficult to manage symptoms.
Behavioural Activation techniques also apply to the field of health. I share my difficulty on the weekend with, ‘getting moving‘ in the morning. In an effort to fight my propensity to sit all day on the couch, I suggest a behavioural plan to break the cycle of waiting for inspiration, inactivity, guilt, and further inactivity.
Welcome to Episode 042: Behavioural Activation and Health Psychology
- What We Do:
- Behavioural Medicine and Health Psychology
- Providing information that usually requires seeing a therapist.
- A solo episode reviewing the powerful impact of implementing Behavioural Activation techniques that support improved wellness.
- Applying principle to Major Depression Severe Recurrent, and athletics.
- Kudos to Liz Garrett and her first book:
My Story of Depression, Feeling Stuck, and Behavioural Activation
- Behavioural Activation
- Application for Depression
- Neurovegetative Symptoms
- Focus on self-care (e.g., shower, etc.).
- Application for Health
- Creating Healthy Habits (e.g., early morning walking).
- Supporting health meal prep.