Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:23 — 66.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | JioSaavn | Podchaser | Gaana | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | Anghami | RSS | More
“We become what we do…”
Basics in Applied Behavioural Psychology
We become what we do, at least according to the Behavioural Psychologists. In today’s episode, I provide a brief primer covering critical need-to-know concepts from the field. This includes a discussion on Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning, Intentional Personal Reinforcement, and Modelling. I also cover how a structured focus on stimulus and response is used to address anxiety and phobias through systematic desensitization.
FMP 82 – Applied Behavioural Psychology
- What We Do:
- Behavioural Medicine and Health Psychology
- Providing easily accessible content designed to help you design your own transformative experience.
- Going back to basics with a talk on the basic principles in Applied Behavioural Psychology.
- I apply concepts to building a pathway to wellness.
- How to Listen:
- Can find this episode on podcast apps such as iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, etc.
- Can watch on YouTube soon after each episode drop.
- Want to be a Guest?
- Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop us a VM/TXT at CAN (778) 771-3800, or USA (424) 346-9866.
Applied Behavioural Psychology
- Behavioural Psychology vs. Cognitive Psychology vs. Psychodynamic Psychology
- Remember Stimulus Control? – How about Behavioural Activation? Today we will broaden your toolkit.
- Classical Conditioning
- Basic Stimulus/Response (Exercise NS – Sports Drink Stimulus – Exhilaration Response)
- Alcohol Example – Antabuse
- Anxiety and Phobia
- Systematic Desensitization
- Aversion Therapy
- Operant Conditioning (B.F. Skinner)
- Reinforcement (+/-)
- Punishment (+/-)
- Neg-R: Exercise and Clothing Fit
- Pos-R: Post Exercise Euphoria and Motivation
- Intentional Personal Reinforcement
- Modelling – We do what we see in others and those we look up to.
Closing Remarks – Thank You!
- Hope today’s episode was helpful.
- Please continue to provide us feedback about content you are interested in.
- Check us out on YouTube as well – Regular videos and livestreams.